• Hub 3 upcoming changes

From deon@21:2/116 to All on Sat May 11 21:58:58 2024
    Howdy,

I'm about to push an update to clrghouz that hopefully (and ideally) nobody will really notice :)

I've been working on a couple of things:
    * More backend performance improvements, mostly visible from the web ui.
    * Feeding nodelist segments upstream - so when you update your BBS name, hostname/port, etc that it automatically updates the nodelist
    * Automating "havent seen you for a long time" messages, which will transition your node to HOLD and then DOWN and ultimately an email to you to let you know that your node has been de-listed if you dont collect mail (and it seems you are offline).
    * Automatically determining address roles based on the AKA (ie: ZC/RC/NC/Hub/Node/Point)
    * More fine tuning of automatic routing - to fix a shortfall that I identified.

These have all kinda been related and as I started to plan one thing, I realised that I needed to re-jig/re-do some of the automatic logic that is used.

In the past when I've pushed through an update that, its affected the from address that packets were sent to nodes (its worked out automatically) - or the to address (mostly for other hubs which run multiple addresses). Its mostly visible by the from address for any test messages in FSX_TST.

So if you notice that packets in your inbound are being marked bad - or mail is being tossed to a bad area, please let me know and I'll dig into it quickly. My initial testing appears that I havent broken it, but sometimes that still escapes me :(

I'll post another message when I pushed out the update (in the next 24hrs or so), so if you dont see it, take a look at your logs and see if things are being tossed bad.

...лоеп
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
    * Origin: I'm playing with ANSI+videotex - wanna play too? (21:2/116)
  • From deon@21:2/116 to All on Sat May 11 23:32:02 2024
    Re: Hub 3 upcoming changes
    By: deon to All on Sat May 11 2024 09:58 pm

Howdy,

I'm about to push an update to clrghouz that hopefully (and ideally) nobody will really notice :)

OK, I reverted my update - looks like I did brake something, clrghouz was looping sending mail - which is odd because I didnt really touch that part of the code.

I'll debug it over the next day or so and try again. In the mean time, regular programming should have resumed. :)

...лоеп
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
  • From AKAcastor@21:1/162 to Deon on Sat May 11 13:34:34 2024
    I'll debug it over the next day or so and try again. In
    the mean time, regular programming should have resumed. :)

Thanks for all your work on clrghouz and also thanks for sharing the status update, it's nice to be able to follow along!

Chris/akacastor

--- Maximus 3.01
    * Origin: Another Millennium - Canada - another.tel (21:1/162)
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to deon on Sun May 12 14:40:26 2024
    On 11 May 2024 at 09:58p, deon pondered and said...

How cool is all of this :)

I'll post another message when I pushed out the update (in the next
    24hrs or so), so if you dont see it, take a look at your logs and see if things are being tossed bad.

I found some stuff and removed it all after I checked.

Kerr Avon [Blake's 7] 'I'm not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going' avon[at]bbs.nz | bbs.nz | fsxnet.nz

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to deon on Sun May 12 14:41:08 2024
    On 11 May 2024 at 11:32p, deon pondered and said...

I'll debug it over the next day or so and try again. In the mean time, regular programming should have resumed. :)

getting season 5 of Discovery again - thanks :)

Kerr Avon [Blake's 7] 'I'm not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going' avon[at]bbs.nz | bbs.nz | fsxnet.nz

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)
  • From deon@21:2/116 to All on Sun May 12 16:33:22 2024
    By: deon to All on Sat May 11 2024 11:32 pm

Howdy,

OK, I reverted my update - looks like I did brake something, clrghouz was looping sending mail - which is odd because I didnt really touch that part of the code.

OK, I found that cause, let me try again...

Hope you are wearing your seatbelt...

...лоеп
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
  • From deon@21:2/116 to All on Sun May 12 22:44:13 2024
    By: deon to All on Sun May 12 2024 04:33 pm

Howdy,

OK, I found that cause, let me try again...

OK, my update is in place, and things look like they are OK.

Let me know if you see anything unusual...

...лоеп
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux