• Mystic

From Exodus@21:1/144 to All on Sat Jul 13 15:43:34 2024
    Mystic NODE option. It appears the -Nx command line is broken in Mystic.

mystic -n1 -newuser handle=%line6% name=%line5% pass=password level=10

is what I am using to load MRC, and I'd like to pass -n2 to just load, say the mpl of BLACKJACK .... well, mystic ALWAYS selects node 1 no matter what I pass on the command line.

Does anyone know what is wrong? I think I'm using a48. What a better option would be to pass a FLAG toggle on/off, so I could make access to the 2 doors as a FLAG (A and B respectively), so if they chose to run 1.bat it would load MRC with a flag of A, and not run blackjack as it would be set as FLAG B ... and then have it exit out.

I don't want to have to setup ANOTHER copy of this software to to try to do this .... anyone have any ideas?

... If a program is useful, it will have to be changed.

--- Renegade v1.35à/DOS
    * Origin: The Titantic BBS Telnet - ttb.rgbbs.info (21:1/144)
  • From Exodus@21:1/144 to All on Tue Jul 16 17:40:18 2024
    Mystic NODE option. It appears the -Nx command line is broken in Myst

mystic -n1 -newuser handle=%line6% name=%line5% pass=password level=10

is what I am using to load MRC, and I'd like to pass -n2 to just load, say mpl of BLACKJACK .... well, mystic ALWAYS selects node 1 no matter what I p on the command line.

Does anyone know what is wrong? I think I'm using a48. What a better opt would be to pass a FLAG toggle on/off, so I could make access to the 2 door as a FLAG (A and B respectively), so if they chose to run 1.bat it would lo MRC with a flag of A, and not run blackjack as it would be set as FLAG B .. and then have it exit out.

No help from anyone on this?

... This message will disappear in five seconds

--- Renegade v1.35à/DOS
  • From Accession@21:1/200 to Exodus on Tue Jul 16 20:30:12 2024
    On Tue, 16 Jul 2024 17:40:18 GMT, you wrote:

Mystic NODE option. It appears the -Nx command line is
    broken in Myst mystic -n1 -newuser handle=%line6% name=%line5% pass=password level=10 E> E> is what I am using to load MRC, and I'd
    like to pass -n2 to just load, say E> mpl of BLACKJACK .... well,
    mystic ALWAYS selects node 1 no matter what I p E> on the command
    line. E> E> Does anyone know what is wrong? I think I'm using a48.
    What a better opt E> would be to pass a FLAG toggle on/off, so I
    could make access to the 2 door E> as a FLAG (A and B respectively),
    so if they chose to run 1.bat it would lo E> MRC with a flag of A,
    and not run blackjack as it would be set as FLAG B .. E> and then
    have it exit out.

No help from anyone on this?

Guess I didn't really understand what you were trying to accomplish here.

There is definitely a variable to put for the node number that will output whichever node the user is logged in on. Something like %N or %# or I don't remember what it is exactly for Mystic, but there is one of those.

Not sure why you're forcing things to specific nodes, or are you doing that on purpose?

I don't really remember ever using '-Nx' unless logging in locally.

Regards,
    Nick

... Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.
    --- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:115.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderb
    * Origin: _thePharcyde distribution system (Wisconsin) (21:1/200)
  • From Exodus@21:1/144 to Accession on Wed Jul 17 06:14:02 2024
    There is definitely a variable to put for the node number that will output whichever node the user is logged in on. Something like %N or %# or I don't remember what it is exactly for Mystic, but there is one of those.

Not sure why you're forcing things to specific nodes, or are you doing that purpose?

I don't really remember ever using '-Nx' unless logging in locally.

I am using Mystic to rlogin from my BBS. Since I cannot load an mpl from
    the command line, I was going to set access for each door as a seperate node # since I normally don't have 2 people on at the same time that would be using MRC. But I don't see anything other than being able to pass the username/password via the command line.

I don't want mystic to load at all, I want it to load right into the mpl.

... Sure you can trust the government... ask any Indian.

--- Renegade v1.35à/DOS
  • From Accession@21:1/200 to Exodus on Wed Jul 17 20:27:02 2024
    On Wed, 17 Jul 2024 06:14:02 GMT, you wrote:

That's kind of what I figured, which then is probably above my pay grade when it comes to Mystic and MPL. I didn't dabble much with MPL, I basically tried to do everything and anything with the menu editor.

Just as well, this is the first I've ever heard of something attempting this, so maybe the lack of replies is more because nobody has a flippin' clue what the answer is. :)

Regards,
    Nick

• From Exodus@21:1/144 to Accession on Wed Jul 17 22:25:50 2024
    Just as well, this is the first I've ever heard of something attempting thi so maybe the lack of replies is more because nobody has a flippin' clue wha the answer is. :)

ahhahaha, maybe ...

That's kind of what I figured, which then is probably above my pay grade wh it comes to Mystic and MPL. I didn't dabble much with MPL, I basically trie to do everything and anything with the menu editor.

Now now it logs on via rlogin and I have 2 menu cmds as FIRSTCMDs the 1st runs GX and runs mrc_client, then second is another FIRSTCMD (whatever hangup is, HI in renegeade <G>) then it hangs up and back to my BBS.

So I figured since I couldn't add/remove a flag per menu command each time a user rlogin'ed I would just load nodes (I would only need 10 for all the mpl doors I wanted to run) and chances of 2 getting on at the same time is 0.00001%. Well, that doesn't work either since MIS picks a node for you and ignores what you have set in the batch file (which is nuts).

On my RG setup, I use Net2BBS, I got tired of people picking the wrong protcol to download, so I made node 4 the "ftelnet" node, and to download, you just press ENTER without picking a protocol. If you are on node 1-3 you get z-modem, if you are on node 4, you get y-modem-g. Chances of having all 4 nodes without someone logging on via ftelnet 0.000001% also. <G> So this works. But Net2BBS will still read my RENEGADE -Nx (x=node#) and load that node. Which is what I don't understand why Mystic is so stupid about it. :(

... I'm immortal. I'm bored. Let's party.

--- Renegade v1.35à/DOS
  • From fusion@21:1/616 to Exodus on Thu Jul 18 08:35:12 2024
    On 17 Jul 2024, Exodus said the following...

I am using Mystic to rlogin from my BBS. Since I cannot load an mpl
    from the command line, I was going to set access for each door as a seperate node # since I normally don't have 2 people on at the same time that would be using MRC. But I don't see anything other than being
    able to pass the username/password via the command line.

i haven't tried it but the mystic wiki lists a -X$ command specifically to use like that..

mystic -uJoe_User -pMYPASSWORD "-xmyscript option1 option2"

is the exact example. and -Y$ for python.

or if that doesn't work try using -C$ to force the user's country and then add an access flag to the doors in a big list with a different country for each door? lol

there's probably something that'll work if -N won't. !E can check for a semaphore file so maybe you put a file in the node directory with what door to run and then use !E and then check for an OK ACS flag right after.

i'll try and make a legitimate step-by-step if you can't figure it out but i really don't wanna ;) (and it's good to know how it works..)

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (21:1/616)
  • From Exodus@21:1/144 to Fusion on Thu Jul 18 15:56:21 2024

Yeah, it works locally, but remotely, it just sends you to the logon prompt (bypassing the -X command) :( ....

there's probably something that'll work if -N won't. !E can check for a semaphore file so maybe you put a file in the node directory with what door run and then use !E and then check for an OK ACS flag right after.

Interesting .... that MAY work. Thanks!

i'll try and make a legitimate step-by-step if you can't figure it out but really don't wanna ;) (and it's good to know how it works..)

aahhahah

... It's not so much the bat, but the Cyborg swinging it....

--- Renegade v1.35à/DOS
  • From Exodus@21:1/144 to Fusion on Thu Jul 18 16:14:41 2024

Doesn't work. :( If I disable my only 2 menu commands, it will log me into mystic, but sit at a menu that has no commands and I have no choice but to hang up.

there's probably something that'll work if -N won't. !E can check for a semaphore file so maybe you put a file in the node directory with what door run and then use !E and then check for an OK ACS flag right after.

How do I tell each command to look for a different text file? If RG I would just put this as a group of commands linked and use option 6 to tell it what to look for. I don't see anything like that in mystic.

I don't see any ref. to this command in the mystic.txt file in the docs directory either. So any info on that would be great.

or if that doesn't work try using -C$ to force the user's country and then an access flag to the doors in a big list with a different country for each door? lol

Gonna try this now. :)

... Slaying foul maidens, rescuing fair dragons.

--- Renegade v1.35à/DOS
  • From fusion@21:1/616 to Exodus on Thu Jul 18 23:49:21 2024
    On 18 Jul 2024, Exodus said the following...

How do I tell each command to look for a different text file? If RG I would just put this as a group of commands linked and use option 6 to tell it what to look for. I don't see anything like that in mystic.

probably something like.. in the action list for FIRSTCMD:
    !E for the first action with "data" as c:\blah\dothis.sem
    then the next line DD access flag "OK" and the door as usual
    the access flag OK just means "previous command worked" or whatever..
    then !E for the next command and data c:\blah\dothisinstead.sem
    and next line DD access flag "OK" for the second option
    etc

and at the end hangup

I don't see any ref. to this command in the mystic.txt file in the docs directory either. So any info on that would be great.

the changelog has a lot of stuff that isn't in the mystic.txt file. either in that same folder with mystic.txt or the one on the wiki is probably fine if not slightly outdated

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (21:1/616)
  • From Exodus@21:1/144 to Fusion on Thu Jul 18 16:43:32 2024

HA! I got it .... thanks!

... I'm just here for moral support. . . ignore the gun.

--- Renegade v1.35à/DOS
  • From Exodus@21:1/144 to Fusion on Fri Jul 19 06:04:27 2024
    probably something like.. in the action list for FIRSTCMD:
    !E for the first action with "data" as c:\blah\dothis.sem
    then the next line DD access flag "OK" and the door as usual
    the access flag OK just means "previous command worked" or whatever..
    then !E for the next command and data c:\blah\dothisinstead.sem
    and next line DD access flag "OK" for the second option

I found the cmd on the wiki online ... got it working, now I have to add tons of dupe checking incase someone is on another node and tries to use these at the same time, they aren't tossed into the wrong door. :)

... Never go to a cyberpunk play when the review says "Riotous."

--- Renegade v1.35à/DOS
  • From Accession@21:1/200 to Exodus on Sat Jul 20 18:00:16 2024
    On Wed, 17 Jul 2024 22:25:50 GMT, you wrote:

So I figured since I couldn't add/remove a flag per menu command each
    time a user rlogin'ed I would just load nodes (I would only need 10
    for all the mpl doors I wanted to run) and chances of 2 getting on at
    the same time is 0.00001%. Well, that doesn't work either since MIS
    picks a node for you and ignores what you have set in the batch file
    (which is nuts).

To be honest, something like this may not have even been thought of yet. Hopefully, g00r00 comes back soon and you can ask him about it. He may have just made rlogin work for certain situations, or whatever was requested at the time, but maybe didn't put all the thought into what COULD be asked.

y-modem-g. Chances of having all 4 nodes without someone logging on
    via ftelnet 0.000001% also. <G> So this works. But Net2BBS will
    still read my RENEGADE -Nx (x=node#) and load that node. Which is
    what I don't understand why Mystic is so stupid about it. :(

There is definitely a variable to pass the node number with Mystic. I just don't know if it's working in your specific case.

Damnit, are you really going to make me fire up my Mystic system? I haven't done so since the last alpha release. :)

Regards,
    Nick

• From Accession@21:1/200 to Exodus on Sat Jul 20 18:01:42 2024
    On Thu, 18 Jul 2024 16:43:32 GMT, you wrote:

HA! I got it .... thanks!

Well then, disregard my last message. LOL

Regards,
    Nick