• Daily user time reset

From klunk@21:1/124 to All on Sun Jun 2 10:32:11 2024
    Hi all,
    My co-sysop messaged me this morning saying that they couldn't log on. I found that their time left was at zero. Shouldn't this reset every day at midnight? Or do I need to run a daily maintainance script? Also checked my time left and it hadn't reset to its original amount.

L8rz
    Klunk

... User Error: Replace user and hit any key to continue...

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: Who Dares Wins Amiga BBS (21:1/124)
  • From n2qfd@21:1/154 to klunk on Sun Jun 2 18:49:35 2024
    found that their time left was at zero. Shouldn't this reset every day
    at midnight? Or do I need to run a daily maintainance script? Also

Great question and I'm looking for that answer too. I had some folks email saying they were out and I thought it woulds regen. I ended up turning off the clock as I have so little traffic at my BBS it's not a problem but I'm looking forward to hearing answers.

N2QFD{Queen City BBS}:// "Does this need to be said? Does this need to be said by me? Does this need to be said by me right now?" - Craig Ferguson

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Queen City BBS (21:1/154)
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to klunk on Tue Jun 4 12:24:07 2024
    On 02 Jun 2024 at 10:32a, klunk pondered and said...

Hi all,
    My co-sysop messaged me this morning saying that they couldn't log on. I found that their time left was at zero. Shouldn't this reset every day
    at midnight? Or do I need to run a daily maintainance script? Also
    checked my time left and it hadn't reset to its original amount.

I've seen this for myself as sysop from time to time.
    I found if I set the total time to 1440 this seems to help nobble the problem. Have not had this issue much, wondering if it's some data corruption or similar that creeps in from time to time?

Kerr Avon [Blake's 7] 'I'm not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going' avon[at]bbs.nz | bbs.nz | fsxnet.nz

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)
  • From n2qfd@21:1/154 to Avon on Tue Jun 4 12:08:10 2024
    I've seen this for myself as sysop from time to time.
    I found if I set the total time to 1440 this seems to help nobble the problem. Have not had this issue much, wondering if it's some data

Good tip,
    I'll give it a try here as well, but with as little traffic as I see it has come up.

Thanks,

N2QFD

N2QFD{Queen City BBS}:// "Does this need to be said? Does this need to be said by me? Does this need to be said by me right now?" - Craig Ferguson

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Queen City BBS (21:1/154)