• Group echomail by network

From klunk@21:1/124 to All on Sat May 25 19:30:17 2024
    Hi Everyone
    Can echomail be grouped by network ok mystsic? ie, all fido areas together then all fsxnet areas together. Ideally I would like to be able to select a message network then a message group instead of them all coming up together when I select change area.
    Cheers
    Klunk

... User Error: Replace user and hit any key to continue...

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: Who Dares Wins Amiga BBS (21:1/124)
  • From Alan Ianson@21:4/106 to klunk on Sat May 25 11:59:16 2024
    Can echomail be grouped by network ok mystsic? ie, all fido areas together the >all fsxnet areas together. Ideally I would like to be able to select a message
    network then a message group instead of them all coming up together when I select change area.

Yes, put the group on the acs lines of the message areas. Something like..

s20g1

g1 for group 1, g2 for group 2 etc.

You can do that with file areas also, use something like..

s20z1

z1 for file group 1, z2 for file group2 etc.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-7
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (21:4/106)
  • From Zip@21:1/202 to klunk on Sat May 25 21:12:40 2024
    Hello klunk!

On 25 May 2024, klunk said the following...
    Can echomail be grouped by network ok mystsic? ie, all fido areas
    together then all fsxnet areas together. Ideally I would like to be able to select a message network then a message group instead of them all coming up together when I select change area.

Yep, you can do this by creating a Message Group for FidoNet in the Message Group Editor. Something like:

Name ³ FidoNet
    Short Name ³ FidoNet
    Access ³ s10
    Hidden ³ No

Take note of the ID number of the newly created Message Group, e.g.:

Message Group Name ID
    FidoNet 3

Then, enter the Message Base Editor and edit each FidoNet message base. Edit the List ACS and make sure to include "g<ID>" for the newly created message group, e.g. "g3":

List ACS ³ s10g3
    Read ACS ³ s10g3
    Post ACS ³ s20g3
    Sysop ACS ³ s255g3

(I don't remember the exact reasons for including "g3" in Read ACS, Post ACS and Sysop ACS, but I do know it made things work the way I think they should in different situations...)

After making those changes, you should only be presented with the message bases belonging to the currently selected (joined) message group when you choose to change message base.

Hope this helps!

Best regards
    Zip

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Star Collision BBS, Uppsala, Sweden (21:1/202)
  • From fusion@21:1/616 to Zip on Sat May 25 16:14:38 2024
    On 25 May 2024, Zip said the following...

Then, enter the Message Base Editor and edit each FidoNet message base. Edit the List ACS and make sure to include "g<ID>" for the newly created message group, e.g. "g3":

List ACS ³ s10g3

worth noting you can have one netmail base for all your FTN .. either leave off the group designator or list all of them

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (21:1/616)
  • From neoshock@21:1/150 to klunk on Sat May 25 17:13:23 2024
    Can echomail be grouped by network ok mystsic? ie, all fido areas

Yes, you can create a group, say for example "FSXNet", and then you would edit all the "ACS" items in message base edit in that network. Each ACS item would you add a "gX", g being the group ID.
    However I have decided to do something a little different.
    I have created groups based on interest, and assigned each message base based on the interest.
    For example I have a group called "BBS Related" and all of the message bases from each of the networks related to that I would stick in that group, and I added (network-name) to the message base description.

For example this message base on my BBS is "Mystic.BBS.Support/Dev (fsx)" and can be found in the "BBS Related Group" along with all other BBS related bases from other networks.
    I believe you can assign a message base to multiple groups. aka "gXgX" in the ACS settings

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Vintage Pi BBS vintagepi.asuscomm.com (21:1/150)
  • From klunk@21:1/124 to Zip on Sun May 26 11:52:28 2024
    Excellent thank you.

Klunk

• From klunk@21:1/124 to Zip on Sun May 26 11:53:05 2024
    Excellent, thank you.

Klunk

... When all else fails, read the instructions