• Cincinnati Hamfest

From Margaerynne@21:2/138 to All on Tue Aug 8 22:32:54 2023

It looks like I'll be headed to the Porkopolis radio rodeo this weekend, hopefully getting a new license out of it.
    I'm currently working through the ARRL prep book for the purpose of actually understanding what I'm learning rather than simply memorizing the answers, and I would love to hear any advice people may have about setting up as a new ham, antenna construction inside Greater Cincy, and just generally making friends on the public frequencies.

Hopefully my presence here has demonstrated some willingness to learn and adapt to different technologies and customs, and I expect this shouldn't be too different. But I'd love to put in the work to be a net positive for the community.

(p.s., if anyone has previously taken issue with any of my postings and wants to throw down IRL
    I'll be the short guy with the beard and eyepatch ;) )
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
    * Origin: Palantir * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL * (21:2/138)
  • From candycane@21:4/141 to Margaerynne on Wed Aug 9 05:44:10 2023
    Re: Cincinnati Hamfest
    By: Margaerynne to All on Tue Aug 08 2023 10:32 pm

I'm currently working through the ARRL prep book for the purpose of actually understanding what I'm learning rather than simply memorizing the answers, and I would love to hear any advice people may have about setting up as a new ham, antenna construction inside Greater Cincy, and just generally making friends on the public frequencies.

Don't have any advice but good luck!!

candycane

===
    user is generated from /dev/urandom

...Screw up your courage! You've screwed up everything else.
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Win32
    * Origin: -=[conchaos.synchro.net | ConstructiveChaos BBS]=- (21:4/141)