A small update on what's in the works. I've made some nice progress on my ddtelnetd fork adding detection TTYPE for client terminal type and NAWS cli windows sizes. I hope to have support for these items rolled out soon whic will also go into supporting my next item below.
The first screen shot shows a terminal in Ubuntu. You can see some Unicode fonts are not fixed width and will have some lines between the characters. Results will vary depending on the terminal font used.
The second is a screen shot is in Arch Linux using Konsole with a
fixed width Unicode font. You can see here the screen looks a lot
cleaner for the block graphics, although some lettering is thinner for normal text. So.. again results will vary depending on fonts
installed and setup for use in your terminals. Overall this is great progress!
A small update on what's in the works. I've made some nice progress on m ddtelnetd fork adding detection TTYPE for client terminal type and NAWS c windows sizes. I hope to have support for these items rolled out soon wh will also go into supporting my next item below.
is ddtelnetd open source yeah? Would they accept these upstream? You shouul submit them ...
ddtelnetd fork sounds sexie (!)
On 05 Feb 14 12:53, Michael Griffin wrote to all:
Looking great Mike!
I don't use much Zmodem these days, so telnetting from a UTF-8 only console over here will definitely be something to look forward to! Can't wait to ch it out!
Yep, it's opened source. I'm not sure how active the development is. I k
The default VGA 80x25 seems to display everything perfectly! Although, I have noticed some spacing that appears to be off on certain character here there. So it's possible a single character is not getting translated or on that is, is not displaying properly with its Unicode variant and those smal anomalies will be some work to track down.
Folk really need to get on the github train.
I've forked/improved other people's open source projects who are too busy t pick it up -- but folk looking for such improvements find my fork through t github interface and pick it up. Why aren't you on it yet?! Get it!
My friend jojo (actually, we're on fidonet here? he's on the defunct comitte.. team), has been wroking on a "ugafont", a utf-8 + vga font system using some open source utf-8 font, but those cp437-equivalent glyphs your translation table uses replaced with very accurate IBM-PC DOS CP437 glyphs that ansi art would reproduce exactly.
There are some issues, notably, that its a fixed font. So it only looks goo with exactly 8x8 pixels or whatever it is... on my macbook retina display t is absolutely impossible to see. If you double it to 16x16, its not pixel-perfect, but it is almost undistinguishable from a natural DOS system
Its the in-betweens that don't line up. His current solution is with a vect font that is basically composed of dots -- for some resolutions this works perfectly, even looks exactly like a CRT monitor would, but for others its just "dim" in apperance and hard to read.. I keep pressuring him to work on it, I don't think he's stuck so much as he's just simply too busy.
I'm going to send him a note again, and let him know at least 1 other bbs system out there can take advantage of it :-)
|Nodes:||4 (0 / 4)|