• Fidonet help?

From Carol Shenkenberger@1:275/100 to MRoblivious1bmf on Fri Jan 2 13:59:12 2009

From Newsgroup: alt.bbs.synchronet

To: Carol Shenkenberger
    .,: This is something about Fidonet help?,
    Carol Shenkenberger said it to MRoblivious1bmf on Fri Jan 02 2009 12:13 am --컴컴컴컴컴컴컴컴컴컴컴-컴컴---컴컴컴컴컴컴컴---컴컴컴컴--컴컴컴컴

it seems this guy asks for help and never follows up on it, though.

i dunno, maybe he cant see some of my posts due to rob's gating settin

No telling but i better warn ya, I got this set of messages also in Z1_Sy I had it mostly as passthrough but the system warned me I had mail there I checked. xxcarol

yeah, that is not a good thing. i'm posting this via usenet so that's not due to me.

Yeah, somewhere there is a crosslink. Not sure where but at least it
    reminded me I have this echo!
    xxcarol
    --- SBBSecho 2.12-Win32
    * Origin: Shenk's Express, shenks.synchro.net (1:275/100)
  • From Carol Shenkenberger@1:275/100 to MRoblivious1bmf on Fri Jan 2 19:27:46 2009

Carol Shenkenberger said it to MRoblivious1bmf on Fri Jan 02 2009 02:43 pm --컴컴컴컴컴컴컴컴컴컴컴-컴컴---컴컴컴컴컴컴컴---컴컴컴컴--컴컴컴컴
    Headers here show clean QWK, no FTN that I see anyplace.

For now, til I vet things out, my presumtion is this is a side issue, not ted to us. Certainly not to Tom Huff.

yeah qwk with synchronet can be pretty buggy. especially if you delete the msg subs but keep the qwk event running. i remember i did that once and msgs from a msgnet began posting into synchronet support net.

most activity it saw in years though.

Hehe yes and i figured it out. Others reading, you arent missing messages. It's how SBBS does passthru but i hadnt noticed til now.

Fixable, but havent yet. You just show in Z1_SYSOP to me, possibly my
    outboud going there too but you are getting it. Minor thing, no dupes.
    xxcarol

--- SBBSecho 2.12-Win32
  • From Carol Shenkenberger@1:275/100 to MRoblivious1bmf on Fri Jan 2 19:31:02 2009

Carol Shenkenberger said it to MRoblivious1bmf on Fri Jan 02 2009 02:10 pm --컴컴컴컴컴컴컴컴컴컴컴-컴컴---컴컴컴컴컴컴컴---컴컴컴컴--컴컴컴컴

I'll check here too. But you should see 2 distinct replies, the other in Z1_Sysop. This one, only in the QWKnet Dovenet echos. xxcarol

well my bbs isnt part of fidonet. i tried to get it all rolling but the person that was going to feed me was dragging his feet too long.

Fixable easily! I have the next 4 days (5 really) with a heavy work schedule but email me at cshenk1@cox.net and tell me what city/state you are in and
    will have you hooked up possibly tomorrow evening. If not, we can set you as
    a feed off me with a point then work out the details to swap you to a net as time permits.

After this, I'll reply in Dovenet so as to not cause possible confusion with others.
    xxcarol

--- SBBSecho 2.12-Win32