• Multi-Node

From Mike Soper@1:396/45 to All on Sun Jun 9 13:02:40 2024
    Hi there -

I'm about to setup my bbs for multi-node but I need to find a way to get both RA and Frontdoor to run under a multi-node. If anyone has an idea on how to set it up. Please do reply.

-+- QuikEdit 2.41R+

--- Maximus/2 3.01
    * Origin: Sursum Corda! BBS-Huntsville,AL-bbs.sursum-corda.com (1:396/45)
  • From Reverend Shaft@1:226/44 to Mike Soper on Wed Aug 7 21:28:39 2024
    Re: Multi-Node
    By: Mike Soper to All on Sun Jun 09 2024 01:02 pm

I'm about to setup my bbs for multi-node but I need to find a way to get both RA and Frontdoor to run under a multi-node. If anyone has an idea on how to set it up. Please do reply.

I'm WAY late to this party, but RA was my software of choice for most of the run of my board in the '90s. I've been having a real bear of a time finding anyone still attached to the software to help out with a couple things as well.

Did you ever get any feedback on this?

RS
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Win32
    * Origin: The Arena BBS þ netasylum.com:2323 (1:226/44)
  • From Martin Kazmaier@1:340/1101 to Reverend Shaft on Mon Aug 19 13:50:00 2024
    Re: Multi-Node
    By: Mike Soper to All on Sun Jun 09 2024 01:02 pm

I'm about to setup my bbs for multi-node but I need to find a way to
    get
    both RA and Frontdoor to run under a multi-node. If anyone has an idea
    on
    how to set it up. Please do reply.

I'm WAY late to this party, but RA was my software of choice for most of the run of my board in the '90s. I've been having a real bear of a time finding anyone still attached to the software to help out with a couple things as well.

Did you ever get any feedback on this?

I run Ele, which is a plug-in clone. What problems are you having? DW runs
    a multi-node RA (I think he uses IREX though, not frontdoor) successfully, so you may want to contact him. dsbbs.ca I think is the telnet address for his board.

--
    Shurato, Sysop Shurato's Heavenly Sphere (ssh, telnet, pop3, ftp,nntp,
    ,wss) (Ports 22,23,110,21,119,8080) (ssh login 'bbs' pass 'shsbbs').

*** THE READER V4.50 [freeware]
    ---
    * Origin: Shurato's Heavenly Sphere telnet://shsbbs.net (1:340/1101)
  • From Reverend Shaft@1:226/44 to Martin Kazmaier on Sat Aug 31 04:47:51 2024
    I run Ele, which is a plug-in clone. What problems are you having? DW runs a multi-node RA (I think he uses IREX though, not frontdoor) successfully, so you may want to contact him. dsbbs.ca I think is the telnet address for his board.

The primary issue was trying to track down a lost reg code. I registered Pro when Andrew Milner was still the dude, and those papers had no chance through the dozen or so relocations I've made since then.

While I'd still like to have a copy running locally for nostalgia's sake, I think I've ultimately settled on Mystic for the system I'll be putting the work into.

(I started writing my own about 6 months ago, but then realized that I had enough headache projects on my plate already.)

RS

... Famous last words: "I'll be there in just a minute, honey."

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: The Arena BBS ú netasylum.com:2323 (1:226/44)