• Lotion?

From BlaZ@VERT/PNLTYBOX to All on Wed Dec 20 16:05:00 2023
    I'm Irish and at this time of year, my skin sort of turns to dust...at least on my hands and arms.

Do any of you know of a good lotion to counteract this? I have tried so many kinds and most are just greasy and gross. I'd love to know of a good solution.

Appreciate any advice.

BlaZ

... Intelligence tests are biased toward the literate.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: The Penalty Box | Peoria, IL | thepenaltybox.org
  • From Phigan@VERT/TACOPRON to BlaZ on Wed Dec 20 19:15:31 2023
    Re: Lotion?
    By: BlaZ to All on Wed Dec 20 2023 04:05 pm

Do any of you know of a good lotion
    counteract this? I have tried so ma

It doesn't make a -huge- difference,
    but... If you've noticed, a lot of
    lotions have some kind of smell like
    orange or some random junk. For
    whatever reason, the ones I've tried
    that are lavender seem to "work" better
    and for longer than the other ones. Not
    sure if it's just in my head, but it
    felt that way with multiple brands.

---
    þ Synchronet þ TIRED of waiting 2 hours for a taco? GO TO TACOPRONTO.bbs.io
  • From Vela025@VERT/AMSTRAD to BlaZ on Thu Dec 21 09:20:44 2023

I'm Irish and at this time of year, my skin sort of turns to dust...at least on my hands and arms.
    Do any of you know of a good lotion to counteract this?

---
    þ Synchronet þ BBS for Amstrad computer users including CPC, PPC and PCW!
  • From Vela025@VERT/AMSTRAD to BlaZ on Thu Dec 21 09:34:48 2023

Where abouts in Ireland are you? I don't suffer from this myself, but my boyfriend does (specifically on his hands) and he uses E45 (the cream, not the lotion) which I would have thought is sold under the same name in Ireland. It also may sound stupid, and I don't know if I believe it myself but I had heard that Rooibos Tea was good for eczema and dry skin on the BBC Global News Podcast when interviewing a farmer in South Africa. So this year we tried it (swapping our normal tea for rooibos) and this year he's had no problems with eczema at all; but I guess you'd have needed to start drinking it earlier in the year for it to have a difference now...but worth thinking about for next year.

Take Care,
    Vela025

---
    þ Synchronet þ BBS for Amstrad computer users including CPC, PPC and PCW!
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to BlaZ on Thu Dec 21 05:53:27 2023

Do any of you know of a good lotion to counteract this? I have tried so many kinds and most are just greasy and gross. I'd love to know of a good solution.

Appreciate any advice.

get profoot heel rescue cream.
    it also repairs your skin in hours.
    the price has jumped up on amazon and walmart but they have it
    for 6-7 bucks at dollar general.
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Vela025 on Thu Dec 21 05:55:24 2023
    By: Vela025 to BlaZ on Thu Dec 21 2023 09:34 am

Where abouts in Ireland are you? I don't suffer from this myself, but my boyfriend does (specifically on his hands) and he uses E45 (the cream, not

well he said he's irish not that he's in ireland so it could be he lives someplace else.
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANTIR to BlaZ on Thu Dec 21 05:53:31 2023

I'm Irish and at this time of year, my skin sort of turns to dust...at least >
    Do any of you know of a good lotion to counteract this? I have tried so man >
    Appreciate any advice.

BlaZ

... Intelligence tests are biased toward the literate.

I am only familiar with Spanish manufacturers, so I doubt I can help you much.

The Sys laboratory has a nice catalogue of body lotions for dry and cold-damaged skins. I like their shea butter lotions.

But yeah, they are kind of greasy.

Keep in mind I am a dealer of this stuff so I have finantial incentives to try and sell you this stuff XD

--
    gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
    þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
  • From BlaZ@VERT/PNLTYBOX to Vela025 on Thu Dec 21 14:45:00 2023
    Mystic screwed up and didn't put the part of the message where you asked what part of Ireland I was from...but I saw it in a reply from MRO.

Just Irish heritage. I live in Illinois in the US.

BlaZ

... Reward for a job well done: More work

• From Aurelius@VERT/DMINE to Vela025 on Thu Dec 21 23:17:34 2023
    By: Vela025 to BlaZ on Thu Dec 21 2023 09:34 am

also may sound stupid, and I don't know if I believe it myself but I had hea that Rooibos Tea was good for eczema and dry skin on the BBC Global News Podcast when interviewing a farmer in South Africa. So this year we tried it (swapping our normal tea for rooibos) and this year he's had no problems wit eczema at all; but I guess you'd have needed to start drinking it earlier in the year for it to have a difference now...but worth thinking about for next year.

Take Care,
    Vela025

Interesting, I wonder what ingredient(s) in rooibos affect the skin like that? For lotions, I've tried a few over the years, and I really like the Nivea for Men stuff. However, my brother has suffered from dry skin and eczema for years, and he swears by Gold Bond. There's a particular one he gets that is very thick. If his skin gets really bad, he lathers it on, covers the area in plastic wrap, and then sleeps on it. In the morning the skin has absorbed all the lotion, and within 24h it's greatly improved. For day to day stuff he uses the Gold Bond in a green bottle, which has a little bit of menthol that helps sooth itchy skin. I *think* the intense stuff is in a yellow bottle but I'd have to ask him.

Good luck either way -- dry skin can be very annoying!
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Diamond Mine Online BBS - bbs.dmine.net:24 - Fredericksburg, VA USA