• Bernie Joe

From paulie420@VERT/BEERS20 to All on Thu Jul 11 21:48:00 2024
    I tried to catch up on the recent Biden posts but couldn't jump in anywhere, easily - but man... this is flipping nuts. :P LOL!

I think we could have better choices on BOTH sides of the aisle, and I wish the citizens would have demanded as much - but here we are... and man, whats gonna happen?

I'll take the easy bait first; Joe Biden is fucking dead. If he runs, the democrats lose - period. I've heard the low voiced tone of my friends who are forever dems that I think will even vote the other aisle if pressed into Biden.... its a wrap.

Kamala, IMO, is the same; while she might save some of the forever-dems, she will also lose to a Trump 2024, period.

And who else.... I think the dems really flipped themselves.

ALL that being said, we don't need another Trump presidency - when will we demand better? I want two 40-somethings at the top of their game, not this bullsh*t that we allow.

Stupid is as stupid does.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to PAULIE420 on Fri Jul 12 10:20:00 2024
    I think we could have better choices on BOTH sides of the aisle, and I wish the
    citizens would have demanded as much - but here we are... and man, whats gonna >happen?

+1. Difficult to say at this point but, as you point out here, the option
    for better choices has probably passed.

I'll take the easy bait first; Joe Biden is fucking dead. If he runs, the >democrats lose - period. I've heard the low voiced tone of my friends who are >forever dems that I think will even vote the other aisle if pressed into >Biden.... its a wrap.

I cannot believe they let him have a presser to prove that he was mentally better than people think and they didn't control it better. At times he's
    been known to confuse Putin and Trump, or Putin and Zelinsky, and people
    are willing to let that slide as something that "anyone could do."

Yesterday, during that "I'm mentally fit" presser, he repeatedly confused Kamala and Trump. That is not something that anyone might do.

Only thing I can figure is they wanted him to speak so they could excuse replacing him at the convention (if not sooner).

The forever dems I know are going to vote "D" no matter which "D" is running. Zombie Biden is A-OK with them. So is Cackling Kamala, so would be AOC...
    just as long as it is not a Republican and especially not Trump.

Kamala, IMO, is the same; while she might save some of the forever-dems, she will also lose to a Trump 2024, period.

See above. They will stick with the "Kamala is fit for the job" mantra so
    long as Trump is the other choice.

I don't think anyone is willing to throw their hats completely into the
    ring unless Biden steps aside. They want to beat Trump bad so they don't want to split their party vote. If he steps aside, there are some potential candidates -- some horrible choices, one or two not terrible -- that I
    think could win *IF* they'd had the time to raise funds and run a full campaign. They will really be starting on their back foot with this being mid-July and the election coming in November.

ALL that being said, we don't need another Trump presidency - when will we demand better? I want two 40-somethings at the top of their game, not this bullsh*t that we allow.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Well, I can say that by the time the primaries got to my state both
    candidates had already been selected. I didn't vote for either of them so
    my conscious is clean no matter who wins.

Something I believe could be the case is that a lot of
    younger people have realized that politics is not an honorable profession.
    You really have to be able to set most of your honesty aside, and probably
    sell your soul, in order to be successful at the national level. I don't
    think most folks near our age or younger really want to do that, and the
    ones that do are not people we want to vote for.

I can remember being younger, in the 1970s and early 80s, and kids might
    claim to want to grow up to be President. They might even fight over who'd
    be the best President when they grow up. Maybe I am not around kids
    enough, but I have not heard a kid claim they want to do that since I was
    that age.

* SLMR 2.1a * It is not who votes, but who counts them.
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to PAULIE420 on Sat Jul 13 10:19:00 2024

I have now heard someone float Hillary as a replacement candidate. :O

* SLMR 2.1a * Make BC Great Again! Trump for Premier!!!!
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From Shitty@VERT/ALCO to paulie420 on Sun Jul 14 21:51:00 2024

The Democrats should try some really hot chick. Kinda like how the Republicans do with congressional candidates. And she don't have to be smart and she don't have to speak eloquently (obviously those aren't requirements anymore.)

Their base consists of machine washable brains.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/02/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: alcoholidaybbs.com / Est. 1995 / Columbia, SC
  • From halian@VERT/ABINARY to Dumas Walker on Thu Jul 18 23:34:00 2024
    Oh god no.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2024/05/29 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Archaic Binary
  • From halian@VERT/ABINARY to Shitty on Thu Jul 18 23:35:00 2024
    Their base consists of machine washable brains.

False.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2024/05/29 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Archaic Binary