• Xxcarol's Sashimi Delight Aku or Ahi

From Ben Collver@1:124/5016 to Carol Shenkenberger on Tue Apr 30 13:19:10 2024
    Re: Xxcarol's Sashimi Delight Aku or Ahi
    By: Carol Shenkenberger to Ben Collver on Mon Apr 29 2024 13:22:25

LOL, xx comes from Arpanet where I was a military systems sysop. Us bored watchstanders would chat world-wide. We only had a 60 character chat line so to save space, tradition was to us your initials. Problem, Charlie Parker had mine (before I got married). So used xx for female chromosomes. Funny is happened to a guy so he got called xy (male chromosomes).

That was one of my guesses! That it stood for XX chromosomes. I had no idea about the history. Wow, a 60 character chat line. That's 100 characters shorter than the old SMS message size limit. Hardcore!

Today, it mostly separates me from all the other 'carol's' out there.
    Sorry it's so mundane (grin)

It's Xtra Xtra down to earth. :-)
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
    * Origin: End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com (1:124/5016)
  • From Carol Shenkenberger@1:275/100 to Ben Collver on Tue Apr 30 16:56:17 2024
    By: Ben Collver to Carol Shenkenberger on Tue Apr 30 2024 01:19 pm

By: Carol Shenkenberger to Ben Collver on Mon Apr 29 2024 13:22:25

LOL, xx comes from Arpanet where I was a military systems sysop. Us bor watchstanders would chat world-wide. We only had a 60 character chat li so to save space, tradition was to us your initials. Problem, Charlie Parker had mine (before I got married). So used xx for female chromosom Funny is happened to a guy so he got called xy (male chromosomes).

That was one of my guesses! That it stood for XX chromosomes. I had no ide about the history. Wow, a 60 character chat line. That's 100 characters shorter than the old SMS message size limit. Hardcore!

Today, it mostly separates me from all the other 'carol's' out there. Sorry it's so mundane (grin)

It's Xtra Xtra down to earth. :-)

Yeah, funny but life works out so as you gain stories, you always have something interesting or quirky. Lord knows I'm quirky and happy to be so!

Meantime, dinner chopped up and fast cooking so waiting on Don to come home in about 30 minutes.

7 cloves garlic, sliced small
    7oz Keilbasa sliced about 1/3 inch thick
    2 stalks mature bok choy, sliced about 1/3 inch thick
    Olive oil, pribably 2 TB
    sliced Cremeni mushrooms, probably add 4 oz but haven't yet

Leftover savory macaroni salad with sticks of fake lobster as a garnish.

I need to upload the picture of last night's dinner for the mac salad but maybe I;ll just snap one of tonights!

xxcarol
    --- SBBSecho 2.11-Win32
    * Origin: Shenks Express (1:275/100)